Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 8 Part II

Double Chocolate Crumble Bars ☆☆☆ [pg 105 HFC]

As I spread the topping on these bars, I remembered making them long ago. (Cheater) I suppose the fact that I made these before, although long ago, means they must have some good qualities. The bars go together very easily and can be made with ingredients most people would have on hand. I made 1/2 the recipe and baked them in a 7 x 11 pan.


Certainly these bars do need to be chilled as the topping can become quite messy when warm. These bars may have rated higher during the summer months, but I had to take into account that I made them once before, but long ago. They have good taste but not good enough to rate five stars. There is nothing about them that would need to be changed to make them better so they do not rate three stars. They sort of earn four stars by default. Not good enough to make frequently, not in need of change, just okay. Four stars it is although it is unlikely they will be made again soon at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment