Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 8 Part I

Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies  ☆☆☆

These cookies are not in our family cookbook, but I saw them in two different magazines this winter and decided I needed to try them. I have previously noted that most of the members of our family are not huge cake fans, so a cookie that is more cake like already has one strike against it. I couldn't resist the first warm cookie and my first reaction was not good. I couldn't taste the white chocolate. Sooo disappointing. I thought maybe that cookie didn't have enough chips, so I tried another one. Still disappointing.


After the cookies had had time to cool to room temperature, I tried them again. (Yeah it took three cookies to make a recommendation.) These are much better at room temperature. Strike too. I love warm cookies. Especially cookies with chocolate, all warm and gooey. These are the first cookies I have made in 2011 that are better cooled than warm. They are tasty, particularly if there is a  balanced mix of cranberry and white chocolate, however they are not cookies to which we can give five stars, so they earn four stars. They have disappeared fast (yeah, yeah, three cookies in 1/2 hour, I remember!) and they were tasty but not good enough to earn top honors which is when my husband says, "You have to make these again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment