Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 5 Part III

Fruit Magic ☆☆☆ [pg 94 HFC]
This dessert was consumed before I remembered to take a picture. I also have to admit to cheating a bit as I have made this before but not in a long, long time. I whipped this dessert together so we could give it the correct number of stars.

Jiffy cake mixes are getting harder and harder to find in our part of the country, so an 18 oz. white cake mix was purchased and split for the recipe. With only four ingredients, this is a very simple recipe and would be easy to throw together at the last minute for guests or an unexpected potluck event. (That assumes you keep cake mix and fruit filling on hand.)

This dessert gets mixed reviews at our house. Tom gives it five stars and claims, "I could have eaten that whole thing myself," while I miss the oatmeal, brown sugar type topping found on a fruit crisp dessert. I was going to give it three stars because I would make crisp over this any day. So the final star count will be a four.

No comments:

Post a Comment