Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 13 Part II

Cranberry Scones [pg. 33 FBB]
(Sorry I can't link the copyrighted recipe. You will need to borrow the cookbook from the library. :-P)

A friend of mine makes the best scones and she had posted on facebook that she needed some help with a church project and all helpers would be rewarded with scones. Project day was, of course, scheduled for one of my work days so I would miss out on her scones but I decided I would try making my own.

This recipe is not part of the family cookbook, but is in my new cookbook. (The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book) I believe the key to scones is to not overmix; handle the dough as little as possible. These scones are the best I have made and I am sure the butter and heavy cream are the main reason they are so tasty. Scones are best with clotted cream and jam but I had to settle for just jam. These scones disappeared in just two days, a sign that the recipe deserves five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment