Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 12 Part II

Special K Bars  ☆ ☆ [pg 150 HFC]
So, today I was left craving a chocolatey treat. (see previous post) I still felt the need to satisfy a comfort chocolate craving, and I was delighted to find Special K cereal in the house. Special K Bars, which are in the family cookbook, have made them many, many times before, however I indulged my craving and will review them for you readers, few that you are.

Special K Bars are a five ingredient dessert. I usually have all the ingredients on hand just in case I need to throw together a dessert for unexpected guests, or because I forgot it was my week to bring treats to Bible study. Not only is the ingredient list short, but the total time for assembly is about 10 minutes. It will take a bit longer for the frosting/topping to harden, but then that never stopped me from eating them warm.

Special K Bars could be compared to marshmallow treats, and in fact I have known people who make a peanut butter and marshmallow treat very similar to these bars. I figure, when you have a great thing (notice I didn't say good thing...a Great Thing) why mess with experimenting with something else so similar. I've never varied from the original marshmallow treat recipe, which has more butter than the one on the box now-a-days, and I shall never vary from the Special K Bar recipe. These bars were just what I needed today. Later in the week I will try a new Hayes Cookbook recipe. These bars won't last long at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment