Saturday, May 17, 2014

A New Direction

It has been a long time since I have been here blogging. In that time much has happened, but what is most noteworthy to me is a true lifestyle change. Last year's decision to move to a single story home, and my decision to change jobs, created quite a lot of emotional stress to our lives. I threw myself into God's Word and determined I had to start each day with Him. I have grown to love my early morning quiet time. I have filled at least a couple of journals in a year, and I have more stashed away throughout the house. I began to wonder what to do with them.

It must be noted that my father passed away in this last year. One more stresser in my life. Helping my siblings clean out the house has been very eye-opening. So much stuff kept and for what purpose? So many things might have interest for the moment, but they are tossed on the burn pile. Thus my wondering what value my journals had once they are filled. No one will read them; they won't have meaning to anyone else. These journals will one day end up in the trash. How many of them are tucked away in my attic or file cabinet? Is there anything of note in them?

My church journal, the one where I take notes during services, was the first to be reviewed as it was the most recent to be filled. The first entry in this journal is dated 4/10/10. The length of time it took me to fill this steno pad journal is in no way a comment on the teaching at my church. It is a comment on my frame of mind and ability to engage enough to take notes. This journal contains a few grocery lists and to-do lists. In God's house I felt a need to unload my burdens on him, so it contains some lengthy prayers. And it contains some spiritual gems.

It is the gems that inspired me to transform my blog. The name of the blog is still very appropriate, but the focus will shift. I see God everywhere these days, not only in my journal notes, but at my job, in my family, even in sharing time around the table.

Join me in a new journey of Reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment