Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 4 Part I

Blond Brownies  ☆☆☆☆ [pg 97 HFC]
Somewhere in the past year I heard my sister say that my dad enjoys blond brownies more than regular brownies, and so this Monday I threw together some blond brownies. I like that these are made with ingredients I have on hand and they can easily be mixed by hand; no need to dirty the mixer.

The brownies were baked until they were a nice golden color and seemed firm to the touch. As is usual, I have a hard time waiting until they were cool for taste testing. Who doesn't love a warm brownie? When I first bit into this bar I was afraid I hadn't baked them enough. Then I mentally compared them to the consistency of my favorite regular brown. I like brownies more moist, and so I determined these brownies would need to be taste tested again when they were thoroughly cooled.


The next day, I tasted them and they were great. I like that they have just a bit of chocolate and who doesn't like walnuts in a brownie? Oh....wait...both my kids. :-(

Well, based on how fast these brownies are disappearing with just Tom and I eating them, I would say they rate a strong four but Tom says if regular brownies are a five (and they are for both him and me) then these are a four. A strong rating but given a choice, regular brownies will win out every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment