Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Diversion

Coming to our home this week is a new diversion yet to be named. Confused? Well, dear daughter has been living with us for the past eight months while she completes grad work at Concordia University, and she purchased a Pembroke Welsh Corgi just days after she came to live with us. Tom and I have become very attached to little Penny, and with Lynsey's wedding just five months away, we were beginning to realize how much we will miss Penny. (Yes, we will miss Lynsey too, but it is different. Really it is!)

Last Friday I finally found a Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy for Tom and I. She is a tri-color pup currently living in Idaho. She is yet unnamed because Tom gets the honor of giving her a name, and he believes he needs to actually meet her to assign the proper name. Many suggestions have been submitted, probably the most hilarious is the name Grammar. It was a student's suggestion and our whole family found it a bit fun. We'll see if/how that gets incorporated.

We get our pup this Saturday and she will need much attention as she is only 8 weeks old. My hope is that I will be able to continue on my path of baking a new dessert once a week, ridding myself of about 30 things each month, and posting an occasional glimpse into my growing up years. (I fear the last will suffer the most in the coming months) For now, here are a few pictures of our new girl.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment